Thursday, July 3, 2008

Homer-bound


Well, tomorrow is the day I head off to Homer, AK. I'll spend a couple nights at a local hostel http://www.homerhostel.com/ before boarding my boat on Sunday and heading off to the Shelikof strait to dredge for scallops. Wahoo!


Yesterday I spent all day at the Alaska Native Heritage Center, which was really really cool:






I first showed up and caught some of the young people demonstrating traditional native games. They were non-team strength based exercises. Here, they're trying to kick a target with one foot while holding their other foot. It was pretty amazing.





Me by a Tlingit totem pole


A scaled-down Tlingit lodge house
As usual, I had a grand old time at the museum. I could spend another day there as I didn't get a chance to see everything.

1 comment:

LaSue said...

Hey, are you getting any of my comments? I'm not seeing them coming on your post. They always say wating for approval. Wanted you to know I was thinking of you and missing you. Good luck with the scallops.