Sunday, February 24, 2008

I rock

Well, it's official, I made it. I am now qualified to count, sort, sex, identify, and dissect dead fish. I even got nifty little card and a certificate:




We are deep in the midst of Fur Rondy here in Anchorage. The city brought in a ton of snow and dumped it down the middle of our street for the dog teams. It was pretty neat. I didn't see the big race start, but when I was walkinghome today, I caught these guys racing around a track in a nearby park:




I also thought this was funny; check out baby strollers Alaskan style:



Today was a clear, beautiful day. I tried to capture the mountains but it really isn't the same:


I had a chance to head up to Palmer with a new friend today. It was an amazing and gorgeous drive. I'd love to get a rental car and do some travelling before I ship out, which will be sometime next week hopefully. I also want to get a day or two of snowboarding in.
I got an email from Pauline, and it sounds like things are relatively calm and she's doing well. Her and her husband have taken in an orphaned 10 year old boy whose parents were killed in the clashes. She's so awesome.

No comments: